Tristen Hoge left little to the imagination during the recruiting process.
After camping with and receiving a scholarship offer from Notre Dame in June, the junior offensive lineman from Pocatello, Idaho, put the Irish at the top of his list. Months went by, visits occurred and pretty much nothing changed in that regard.
Notre Dame capitalized on that longstanding momentum Saturday by securing a commitment, beating out Florida and Stanford.
"It feels amazing," Hoge told Irish Illustrated via text.
Other programs Hoge considered include Boise State, BYU, Cal, Duke, LSU, North Carolina, Oregon State, Penn State, UCLA, Utah, Washington and Washington State. Arkansas, Michigan State, Vanderbilt and Wisconsin also expressed interest.
Hoge is the third commitment overall for Notre Dame in the Class of 2015 and second offensive lineman, joining fellow four-star prospect Jerry Tillery up front. Tillery committed toward the end of June.
Quarterback Blake Barnett, a native of Corona, Calif., rounds out the trio. He made a commitment last month.
Hoge almost became part of the group in October while visiting campus of the USC game. Building a closer relationship with the players on the roster and watching offensive line coach Harry Hiestand work through a game weekend helped solidify Notre Dame's lead.
"He's definitely a fantastic coach and I can definitely play under him for four years," Hoge told Irish Illustrated after the visit. "He's very conditioned in what he knows. I mean, he's a technician. That's a good thing to know. Even asking the players what they thought of him, you hear not a bad thing about him. He's fantastic not just as a coach but as a person as well."
Rather than take himself off the open market then Hoge held off in favor of visiting Florida for its regular season finale.
But getting back to Notre Dame proved a priority as Hoge and family waited all of a week to do so.
He will leave campus this weekend a commitment.
Look for more with Hoge following his visit to Notre Dame.