Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
October 29, 2009
Ever wonder what the playoff matchup's would look like if the playoffs started this weekend? Ever wonder what the state rankings would look like if they solely depended on the amount of power points a team had? Well NJVarsity.com has solved both of these problems for you!
Below is a listing of the playoff matchup's if everything started this weekend. We'll be updating these every week until the official matchup's are announced. Under that, you'll see a listing of the Top 20 teams in the state, completely based on the amount of power points a team currently has. Once again these will be updated over the next few weeks. Enjoy!
North 1 Group 1
(8) Cresskill at (1) Mountain Lakes
(5) Westwood at (4) Elmwood Park
(7) Emerson at (2) Butler
(6) Bogota at (3) Hasbrouck Heights
Biggest winner: Hasbrouck Heights moved up two spots to the #3 seed with their comfortable victory against Cresskill, which in turn dropped from #7 to #8.
Biggest drop: Boonton's loss to undefeated Mountain Lakes dropped them from playoff position. Also, Westwood drops two spots after their tough loss to undefeated Tenafly.
North 1 Group 2
(8) Glen Rock at (1) Lenape Valley
(5) West Essex at (4) Pequannock
(7) Ramsey at (2) River Dell
(6) Pascack Hills (3) Lodi
Biggest winner: Lodi's 9-7 win over Glen Rock was huge for both teams, but obviously in a positive way for the Rams as they move up from 7th to 3rd.
Biggest drop: And just as important the win was for Lodi, the loss by Glen Rock dropped them from 4th to the brink of missing the playoffs at 8th.
North 1 Group 3
(8) Ramapo at (1) Tenafly
(5) Lakeland Regional at (4) Sparta
(7) Wayne Valley at (2) Wayne Hills
(6) Old Tappan at (3) Pascack Valley
Biggest winner: Tenafly moved up to the #1 seed with a gutsy 6-0 victory over Westwood. Ramapo also moves into the playoffs, but probably must defeat Pascack Valley this weekend to stay there.
Biggest drop: At 3-3 Montville was holding onto the 7th seed. After their 19-14 loss to Parsippany Hills, not only do the Mustangs now have a losing record, they also slip all the way to the 10th spot.
North 1 Group 4
(8) Bergen Tech at (1) Roxbury
(5) West Orange at (4) Ridgewood
(7) North Bergen at (2) Fair Lawn
(6) Passaic at (3) Passaic Tech
(8) North Bergen at (1) Roxbury
(5) Passaic at (4) Ridgewood
(7) East Orange at (2) Passaic Tech
(6) West Orange at (3) Fair Lawn
Biggest winner: Definitely East Orange, as they needed a big win and got it against at West Orange on Saturday.
Biggest drop: Bergen Tech's 27-13 loss to Passaic Tech dropped the Knights all the way from the 8th spot to the 10th spot, and facing a must win game against Ridgewood this Saturday.
North 2 Group 1
(8) Glen Ridge at (1) Cedar Grove
(5) Belvidere at (4) Dayton Regional
(7) New Providence at (2) Secaucus
(6) Becton at (3) Rutherford
Biggest winner: Glen Ridge needed a win against Weequahic and got it, moving them into the 8th slot.
Biggest drop: However, the loss at Glen Ridge was a blow for Weequahic's hopes as they slid all the way from the 8th spot to 10th. With two games remaining before the cut-off date, the Indians still have the opportunity to regroup.
North 2 Group 2
(8) Chatham at (1) Summit
(5) Governor Livingston at (4) Madison
(7) Ridgefield Park at (2) Caldwell
(6) Orange at (3) Lincoln
Biggest winner: Madison's victory over Hanover Park moved the Dodgers all the way into a potential home game at the 4 seed.
Biggest drop: A few possibilities here, including Hanover Park, but we'll go with Hillside, who has now lost three in a row after their 18-9 loss to Johnson Regional and faces a must win against New Providence on Saturday.
North 2 Group 3
(8) Somerville at (1) Irvington
(5) Morristown at (4) Passaic Valley
(7) Newark West Side at (2) West Morris Central
(6) Parsippany Hills at (3) Nutley
Biggest winner: Not much movement in this Group this past weekend, but making the biggest jump was Parsippany Hills after their victory over Montville.
Biggest drop: Both Newark West Side and Somerville slid down a spot after losing games, which brought a number of schools currently on the outside back into contention.
North 2 Group 4
(8) Linden at (1) Union
(5) Ridge at (4) Piscataway
(7) Westfield at (2) Bridgewater-Raritan
(6) Phillipsburg at (3) Columbia
Biggest winner: While they still have a losing record, which doesn't qualify them for the playoffs, the stunning victory by Woodbridge over Piscataway could put the Barrons into the playoffs with a win over J.P. Stevens in two weeks
Biggest loser After starting the season 4-0, Linden needs to regroup quickly after two straight losses.
Central Group 1
(8) Keansburg at (1) Highland Park
(5) South River at (4) Asbury Park
(7) Florence at (2) Metuchen
(6) Spotswood at (3) Brearley Regional
Biggest winner: South River's win over Group 3 Iselin Kennedy definitely gave the Rams a nice Power Point boost.
Biggest drop: Spotswood must right it's ship quickly. With three straight losses, it makes their game against South River this weekend very important.
Central Group 2
(8) Johnson Regional at (1) Rumson-Fair Haven
(5) New Brunswick at (4) Manasquan
(7) Long Branch at (2) Matawan
(6) Keyport at (3) Raritan
Biggest winner: New Brunswick has won five in a row, and their dominating victory over Group 4 North Brunswick this weekend definitely puts them in a good position.
Biggest drop: Life is tough when you have a bye a drop from the #2 spot to the #7 spot. That is reality for Long Branch right now, but with their next two games against #2 Matawan and #4 Manasquan, both before the cut-off date, the Green Wave still control their own destiny.
Central Group 3
(8) West Windsor-Plainsboro North at (1) Middletown South
(5) Monroe at (4) Ocean Township
(7) Neptune at (2) Lawrence
(6) Steinert at (3) Princeton
Biggest winner: No major moves in this Group this weekend, so we'll give it to Lawrence, which moved up 2 spots after their victory over Ewing.
Biggest drop: Ocean Township dropped from the list of undefeated teams, and also dropped from the #2 spot to the #4 spot.
Central Group 4
(8) Old Bridge at (1) Sayreville
(5) Montgomery at (4) East Brunswick
(7) Middletown North at (2) Hunterdon Central
(6) West Windsor-Plainsboro South at (3) Howell
Biggest winner: Almost no changes from last week, except that East Brunswick swapped positions from Montgomery, which earned them a home game after their overtime victory over Jackson.
Biggest drop: Not only did Montgomery get drilled by Westfield, they also lost their potential first round home game against East Brunswick.
South Group 1
(8) Schalick at (1) Glassboro
(5) Palmyra at (4) Penns Grove
(7) Haddon Township at (2) Paulsboro
(6) Haddon Heights at (3) Woodbury
Biggest winner: Penns Grove rebounded nicely after suffering their first loss of the season two weeks ago by slipping past Woodstown 20-13. The victory moved the Red Devils from #6 to #4, earning them a potential first round home game.
Biggest drop: Not surprisingly, Haddon Township lost to West Deptford, and now their clash against rival Haddon Heights this weekend has huge playoff implications.
South Group 2
(8) Camden Wilson at (1) Delsea
(5) Bridgeton at (4) Haddonfield
(7) Buena at (2) West Deptford
(6) Willingboro at (3) Cinnaminson
Biggest winner: With Haddonfield nipping at their heels, Cinnaminson produced an impressive victory against Holy Cross.
Biggest drop: The loss to Group 1 Penns Grove knocked Woodstown out of the top eight, making their game against Pennsville a must win this Friday night.
South Group 3
(8) Pemberton at (1) Hammonton
(5) Highland Regional at (4) Seneca
(7) Lacey at (2) Timber Creek
(6) Moorestown at (3) Burlington Township
Biggest winner: Seneca's 34-0 pasting of Northern Burlington gave the Golden Eagles a big boost, moving them all the way to the #4 spot. It was an especially important win considering a game at Shawnee is next.
Biggest drop: Pemberton's loss at Timber Creek was a blow for the Hornets. Two big games remain before the cut-off date against Camden and Camden Wilson.
South Group 4
(8) Toms River North at (1) Toms River East
(5) Williamstown at (4) Washington Township
(7) Eastern at (2) Egg Harbor Township
(6) Shawnee at (3) Cherokee
Biggest winner: After starting the season at 0-2, Shawnee is definitely on a roll, with their 29-8 victory over Camden Catholic catapulting them all the way to the #6 spot.
Biggest drop: Eastern's dropped three spots during their bye week, and now they face Cherokee this weekend.
Non-Public Group 1
(4) Immaculate Conception at (1) Paterson Catholic
(3) St. Mary's-Rutherford at (2) St. Anthony's
Biggest winner: With their 30-0 victory at Hudson Catholic, St. Anthony's guaranteed themselves a playoff spot and moved up to the #2 seed.
Biggest drop: Despite drilling winless Sussex Tech, Immaculate Conception still slipped to the #4 seed.
Non-Public Group 2
(4) Pingry at (1) St. Joseph's-Hammonton
(3) Morris Catholic at (2) Gloucester Catholic
Biggest winner: Both Morris Catholic and Pingry clinched playoff spots with wins this past weekend.
Biggest drop: Losses by both Queen of Peace and Dwight-Englewood makes their games this weekend must wins.
Non-Public Group 3
(8) Holy Spirit at (1) Pope John
(5) Bishop Eustace at (4) Immaculata
(7) Bishop Ahr at (2) St. Joseph's-Montvale
(6) Delbarton at (3) DePaul
Biggest winner: Delbarton's win over Morristown was big for the Green Wave and clinched a playoff spot.
Biggest drop: With their loss to Shawnee, Camden Catholic is definitely on the outside looking in after six games.
Non-Public Group 4
(8) Red Bank Catholic at (1) Notre Dame
(5) Paul VI at (4) St. Peter's Prep
(7) Bergen Catholic at (2) Don Bosco Prep
(6) St. Augustine's Prep at (3) Seton Hall Prep
Biggest winner: With the St. Peter's Prep victory over St. Joseph's-Montvale, the Marauders gained a huge Power Point boost.
Biggest drop: With a few big games between the North Jersey non-public's, Paul VI tumbled from #2 to #5 because of their bye week.
NJVarsity.com Power Point Top 20
1. (3) Middletown South (137)
2. (1) Pope John (136)
3. (2) Sayreville (130)
(6) Notre Dame (130)
4. (10) Don Bosco Prep (126)
5. (9) Hunterdon Central (124)
6. (4) Delsea (121)
7. (11) Tenafly (120)
8. (14) Toms River East (119)
9. (10) Egg Harbor Township (116)
(17) Wayne Hills (116)
10. (5) Paterson Catholic (115)
11. (8) St. Joseph's-Monvale (114)
(13) Howell (114)
12. (9) Seton Hall Prep (113)
(11) Pascack Valley (113)
(17) West Deptford (113)
13. (12) Summit (112)
(18) Mountain Lakes (112)
14. (20) Lenape Valley (111)
15. (16) Cherokee (110)
16. (14) River Dell (109)
(17) Roxbury (109)
17. (11) Rumson-Fair Haven (108)
18. (7) Union (105)
(18) Sparta (105)
(NR) St. Peter's Prep (105)
19. (NR) Lakeland Regional (104)
20. (6) Paul VI (103)
(15) Butler (103)
(16) Bridgewater-Raritan (103)
(NR) DePaul (103)